Monday, April 1, 2019

Fiber of Memory

I have been thinking a lot and have changed thoughts for my show so many times. I went from just making paper from clothing of people that had stories behind it to just clothing from my grammie to now making the paper from clothing from my grammie, my mom, and myself. Making this piece almost like generations with the different paper. Having a loved one pass you keep things from them to remember them, for example clothing. I had clothing from my grammie who passed away that would just lay around but couldn't get rid of them because they were a part of her. That is when the paper making thought came into mind, having the paper from her clothing but I can make things from it or simply have a framed piece of it hanging in my house. I am now working on making a booklet of the paper and making squares of the clothing I made the paper with.





No comments:

Post a Comment