Monday, January 28, 2019

Box production at a larger scale

Continuing to work on this concept of unique packaging that requires more interaction from the user has brought me to the idea of multiplicity. In the previous semester I focused mainly on creating different boxes from different reasons, and if I set aside the reasons I have only a blank box that is playfully interactive. I am going to craft that box in multiples and echo the works of Andy Warhol and challenge the barriers between art and design.

Below is an image of the vector components that will be used to laser cut multiple boxes in a fraction of the time it would take me to generate and equal amount.
























I am also making revisions to this box as I produce it in volume. To do so I need to Craft a box and change my template according to any design corrections I make during the creation process. This means printing via and Epson Artisan 1430 which has a 13" Width restriction and because of that every piece of Bristol needs to be trimmed before getting printed on.

No comments:

Post a Comment