Thursday, January 31, 2019

Cassidy Bollinger

In the spirit of "examining the mundane moments more critically" I put my mapping to the test. The reason why I decided to map this walk specifically was there was nothing special about it, the entire purpose of my walk was to get to the school to work. I wasn't planning on taking any detours along the way. The different colored lines represents my different tasks or goals in mind. It hadn't been apparent when I was first creating this how much I change my direction to meet my goals.

In chronological order:
Red: "I want to go work at the school"
Purple: "I need supplies before I can work."
Green: "I'm going to enjoy my walk home."
Blue: "I lost my student ID, so I need to retrace my steps."
Yellow: "Okay, found it, I'm done. Now I'm going home."







The first map was sketched during my walk, without looking at a map at all just basing it off of feeling alone. The second is redrawing the map with the map of Beverly in mind. And the third is my exact trip using google maps as a reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment