Monday, March 4, 2019

Andrew Tricoche_Plans

Busy, busy, busy. I've been working towards the final presentation of the show, taking in all obstacles in my way. The first obstacle is the most rewarding, spring break. Currently, I work in the HR department of MassDOT, which will take the back seat while during that week of focus. I plan to use the days I don't work to create as many "finished" pieces as possible. I put quotation marks around finished because after discussing what "finished" might look like, I realized that the work I make requires the style of my hand-drawn work. Why? Because it feels more alive in comparison to my "finished" digital work.

Within the last week, I began collecting material to work with and began laying out the plan for the show. This helps focus the work within a selected theme, which seems to work well with the 5 different emotions. While I think I can make a lifetime of work to prove my thinking, I believe it is necessary to filter my thinking to present my ideas and create a show.



Here, you can see my general idea of my show layout. THis will probably change based on the critique I hope to get tomorrow. I understand it's "alterish", though I don't know how to include the mural and my works that support my thesis without going beyond the idea of 10 feet. The idea is to include :

5x "scrolls"

5x Vinyl Case Design

5x CD Players to have an audio comparison

3x "Happy Birthday" works to reflect the changes in soundwaves vs visual representation

5x "Ink Blotch" which relates to the individual emotions

1x Process Book

1x Voice Print Book

(1x Mural, I guess)

I've been held back within the last week with family issues, though I've found time to layout ideas and think in between. I've also collected material for the show, finding large hardboard at Home Depot, perfect for the 5 "scrolls which will be the most time consuming. With the upcoming spring break, I can spend most of my time creating for the show. I wish I could have had more, though I always feel that way.

Along with all of this, I need to rethink my portfolio website and design a business card. I've had issues with the business card design, because I've noticed a lot of people coming up with some wacky name for themselves, as if they run a gallery space or utilize their screen name. I think both are tacky as fuck. I am who I am, and want to represent myself in that way instead of pretending to be some kind of creative agency. I'll have to apply my own formula to myself, I guess. How do I represent myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment