Monday, March 18, 2019

AndrewTricoche_Guess Whos Back

Spring break gave me a little extra time to work on thesis. I still had work in Boston on Monday, Wednesday and Friday but I used Tuesday and Thursday to put stuff together. Here are some updates on my work:

- Decided on 2'x1' canvas for "scrolls". Canvas is bought and is in process of being painted...
- Decided against a book for the "voice prints" and made some discoveries:










I continued making voice prints, and realized with these last four, that I wasn't really taking spacing into consideration because I wanted to stick to a system of margins, etc. I started loosening up, and let the rough measurements of spacing and rythym in vocals determine the overall length. These still need to find a medium, because I want to be able to mark these up to show other sound variables. Each piece will have a unique height and text box width based on rythym/speed of the vocals.







Maybe just choosing frames of different sizes and seeing which fits most naturally. I'd love each frame to be a color associated to the emotion of the song, but slim so it's still out of the way.

-I also designed myself a business card.




I'm still working out the back.
-I submitted some show name ideas. Hope to discuss those.
- I also reworked the idea for the joy vinyl case, though looks stale now.
- Decided on using the DAAAAAAAAAAMN! for the mural. Not sure if I want to include the other phrases, "Yah Baby" and "Friggen Sweet"

Besides all of this, I'm finishing up working out some designs for the Open House coming up, A die cut Student Ambassador pin and laser cut signage, plus some vinyl.
Also a strategic plan/license plate installation/mural/business card/signage for work at MassDOT.

We've got less than a month so finished printed pieces are the goal. I'll be staying late later today to print some of the voice prints if anyone has any suggestions for medium. I also want the business cards ordered by end of week. I'll use some time to design a show card as well (Do the macs have cd players? Because I'd load some animated type on a CD as an invitation instead. A Seeing Sounds on CD. It'd work cool with the mural, like you're invitation is supposed to be put inside the boombox.)

No comments:

Post a Comment