Monday, March 18, 2019

Promotional Materials

I have been working on promotional materials for the Thesis show. I began by contemplating what types of media to use and in what volume. I decided that Business cards and (4x6) cards are used in almost every thesis show I have seen. I began designing the business card first. I started by echoing the aesthetic of the flat pattern I created to cut modular panels and by using the patterns shape I created a layout. I then abstracted the pattern to create an icon/logo to unify my business card to the work I will be showing in the thesis show. I then created the backside of the card and began redesigning the my website listed on the card.

www.vincentmainetti.com

I am waiting on MOO to send me a sample pack of all their business card options. This will help me decide on which card stock to use.



After creating the design for the business card I will be using I moved onto the 4x6 card. I chose to echo the aesthetic of the business card design for this, but made some minor layout differences. Looking at the two cards next to each other I am unsure if the design should repeated precisely or differ. I am leaning towards them differing slightly. 


I am currently working on 3 posters to accompany my modular creations in the thesis show. I plan to have 5 small modular structures,  1-2 Large Structures and a video. Below is a link to a video containing one of these modular structures.

https://www.facebook.com/paulkotakis/videos/pcb.602702434079/602702394159/?type=3&theater

No comments:

Post a Comment