Monday, March 18, 2019

The Resurrection: Back from the dead

I hit a rut at the worst time and now I’m running till the end. I’ve been working on several book lay outs and poster layouts. Also layouts for the final show set up. I want to talk more about my place in the gallery to finalize how I will shape this installation since it does become site specific.

I've thought a lot about how i'm going to place these and I think the projectors will end up on a table or pedestals due to their general size. Plus, I needed a table set up with my books so I can more incorporate my pieces in with one another even though they could stand alone as well.

I’m creating a small set of books to add to the wall information. One will be the clear plexus book currently titled ‘invisible scripture’, the next will be the forgive me father book, then a small collection of one liners from my notes, and lastly a small collection of poetry on being a former Christian. I want all of this information present to show my journey through this information. There’s a lot of it and I want the viewer to be able to involve themselves in my world and my work.

As for the book structures, i've been reading about single bindings and have ideas of how to bind the plexy glass book. The poetry leaning towards simple binding so I can make a few in my time left. The father father book had worked well with a pamphlet binding and I want to keep that. The one liners is still up in the hair from a chapbook to a small stab binding.

I didn't add photos of the father father book yet because the layout has been adjusted slightly to fix the errors from it's last printing. I will post the pictures when I make the sample.

Picture time,

Here's my projection wall set up.
I've created a GIF for the I don't trust line and it'll flash through the 15 names i've chosen.




Here's cover and some layouts of my one liners book,
I wanted a book that wasn't just line after line by making each line really graphic.







Here's cover and some layouts for the plexy book,
I lined the title to the bottom so when assembled it'll be visible though the layers (It'll be on the front and back pages) and nothing will be over it unlike the rest of the book. I'm working on a few test sheets for size of of the smaller pieces but i'm confident it'll be okay.






Here's cover and some layouts of my poetry book,
This book needs work on the text specifically. I need to go in a improve the leading and kerning of each poem. I'd made the Jesus and Satan pattern in the beginning of the semester and I finally found a good place for it.



No comments:

Post a Comment