Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Geo-Journal – Bollinger

These are some of the photos I've been taking on my walks each of them are collections from separate walks. I've really been paying attention to the quality of light and temperature of it. It actually surprised me how many different kinds of light I could find on a single night. What I'll post next are the maps themselves that are the corresponding to the photos. All of which are just on my walk home from school which is a really cathartic time for me; I always take the longer walk home that's along the beach just so I can have a good view. My camera of choice is my cell phone, just for the quick accessibility of it.

My next step for transferring these photos into a final piece is to create a grid out of them whether it be by the catalog date, or by color coding I'm not quite sure yet but I will be experimenting with both. All I know for certain is all photos will be the same dimension and size. I also need to consider materials for printing and figure out feasibly how large I can print cell phone photos without them loosing their quality.















1 comment:

  1. but they are cell phone photos? why hide it?
    why not incorporate the cell-phony-ness into the documentarian project?
    whether you do or don't will depend, probably a lot, on the idea/s behind this work, which is/are unclear. maybe having to do with catharsis? κάθαρσις (cleansing, purging) from interior (given that all of the above are exterior shots of buildings, most having a window illuminated from within) what?
    night-time photos, from a cell phone, will inevitably appear pixel-grainy. why not embrace that imperfection, rather than wishing it away?
    the answer to that question will require some depth to it.

    ReplyDelete