Monday, February 25, 2019

Consumerism

I have been spending an abundant amount of time trying to place concepts into undesigned boxes and because of that I feel as though this concept is exhausted. It is time for me to create something for senior exhibition show. I will no longer be thinking about boxes or unboxing and will be focus my attentions on consumerism. I will use stylized interactive posters to convey my thoughts on capitalism, awareness, and the consumer culture we live in today.

The transmission of visual information may extend beyond the poster to incorporate a multitude of medias, but due to time restraints a tangible object is required in the very near future.

I began by reading the article "Everyday Consumer Goods Are De-Produced Into Rectangular Prisms of Raw Material," by Laura Staugaitis. Here is the link to the article.
https://www.thisiscolossal.com/2019/02/materialism/

I also Watched the film "They Live" (1988) which sparked the idea to focus on consumerism.

I began by taking a well known brand and looking at the way they market their p[products. This was a good exercise in understanding common advertising tactics and temptable designs that could be used in the future.










I took this farther by coming p with an interactive way of showcasing the information. With read and blue hidden message posters.



This shows the same poster side by side. The hidden message should be achievable with read and blue inks. It would then becomes visible when the viewer uses a red screen to read the poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment