Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Unfolding Box Themes Exploration.

My progress has moved from making multiples of a singular box towards exploring how to create a theme using minor variations. I started this exploration for a theme by generating many different shapes for the sides of the infolding box and critically thinking about those shapes relationships to one another.

By analyzing the relationships between the shapes I developed in this way led me to decide on the theme of the 4 elements. 

I began the designing the templates that I will follow to create another series of unfolding boxes. The Image below shows examples of what Water, and Earth might look like as finished products. From here I will be working on solidifying these two designs from production as well as developing the remaining Air and  Fire designs. I am keeping the aesthetic of multiples of the same box nested within each other and fixed at the central point with a rivet that allows for the spinning of the individual boxes to form a flower like shape. 

No comments:

Post a Comment