Sunday, February 10, 2019

n.n.newhart

I've been thinking a lot about how I wanted these to feel. The experience I want to get off with my work is different than how i've been working. I have all this information and all of these ways to make things but I haven't nailed the tone. I've been making pieces to see how I feel about them. I made the book first and I think it had a look I really liked, the text was serious and serious to me, but not exactly what I wanted out of it. It was too personal. My text wasn't enough to get across the depth of understanding and emotion I wanted to convey. It needed to come back to all the studying I had done and all the texts and quotes I collected. These pieces need to hold the weight of being a former christian but also be open to connect with people who are in the same boat as I am. Obvious also that I know what the Bible really says and understand that statements I'm making.

I was working a lot with my light pieces this last while trying to get the tone more accurately and I feel like in the constraints of our show I can't show these pieces as I wish to. I've been taking pictures of them and looking at their angles. I love the structures and that look of them and I've been thinking on having photos of these pieces as opposed to having them set up. They could be on view but not be a whole production. I've been thinking a lot about angles and shape. The way the folds of the book make it look and the way the shape of the room effects the text. I want to be more aware of the text and it's emotional power. 

 







No comments:

Post a Comment