Friday, February 22, 2019

We were never meant to succeed: putting it all up at once

I’ve been stuff in a bit of a stop and go. I’ve had all this work and now I’m finding how to organize it. I tried laying my texts out more and thinking about these lines I’ve been sitting on for awhile now. I wanted to make a statement with them and really focus my tone.



I started with taking the verse about how God confused their language. I didn’t want to make a joke of it so I chose the like “We were never meant to succeed”. I’ve been looking more at truth of things and the truth in these lines. I took this verse and printed it out big by tiling it together. I projected my words over it. I think this helped see this is what’s written and this is how I feel about it.

After talking with everyone one day, John brought up making this something that’s an over stimulating. With sound and lights and writing on the walls. I started making more posters like the one I made for the last piece, I made 5 more. I started hanging them on the thesis wall but needed more space so I moved down to the design room on the second floor.





At one point, I had 5 projectors in the room at once, all on. It got real hot in there. I liked how the digital and overhead projections looked next to each other. The experience was really nice. I think this felt right. It felt like a bombardment but it wasn’t all about me or all about my experience completely. I did have a poem in this projection but I might not use that many words. I liked the power of the statement. I wanted to add sounds on to it as well. I didn’t like the slide projectors as much in the piece, their light was too bright and sharp in contrast to the others.

I’m interested in feedback on this. I really felt this and got positive feedback while putting it up. What’s working what isn’t, all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment