Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Worn Memories

I am going through the process now of making the paper form my grammies clothing. At first I didn't think it was going to be too hard because I have made paper before from clothing but this clothing was different, this clothing had my grammie in it. Through cutting and making the paper it brought back great times that I had with her and made me feel connected with her again. It wasn't just another sheet of paper I'm making it had meaning behind it and really touched my heart making it. I feel as though this could be something for others to do if they had a loved one pass and didn't know what to do with their clothing because it makes you feel close with that person again and help you through the process of grieving.

I am thinking of possibly making a quilt as well because my grammie used to make tee shirt quilts for all of her granddaughters for their graduation day. I kept pieces of the original clothing so that I can sew the paper with the clothing as a pattern. I am also thinking of titles but nothing has really stuck yet.



https://youtu.be/MaDdXhD8kA8 _ Beating the cloth into paper pulp.
https://youtu.be/0BK0Kp1QvV0 _ Pulling the pulp into sheets of paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment